– provide administrative assistance to the President of the Research Foundation in executing all departmental management responsibilities including institutional, administrative, financial, budgetary, academic and industry-sponsored research matters.
– ensures that human resources are appropriately selected, oriented, and utilized. Reports to the President about the performance of all temporary and permanent Research staff annually.
– coordinates and assists with the Clinic’s administrator in the evaluation of indirect reports. Assists with development of departmental performance standards that focus on measurable, job-specific outcomes. Ensures that each employee in Research has a current position
description with performance standards. Provides timely, ongoing and appropriate performance feedback; acts to improve performance when it falls short of goals and
standards. Establishes and implements plans to promote the development and continued education and training of human resources by creating and maintaining an environment that
encourages and motivates employees and teams to higher levels of performance. Makes decisions affecting human resources in a fair and consistent manner. Recognizes and rewards the accomplishments of employees. Prepares reports as requested.
– coordinates and assists in the preparation of grant proposals and contractual agreements.
Examines the budget, staffing, and space needed for grants prior to submission to the
sponsor. Monitors activity to ensure compliance with all pertinent regulations and deadlines.
– coordinates physical resource utilization including space planning, inventory control, and
– develops, implements, and evaluates plans to achieve long-term financial and
operational results for the Foundation which reflect Institutional goals. Produces required
volume reports and serves as a liaison for marketing initiatives.
– coordinates effectively with other parts of the institution to accomplish goals. Establishes
effective working relationships with organizational peers. Anticipates potential barriers and
opportunities and develops plans to minimize obstacles and take advantage of opportunities.
– organizes and directs areas of responsibility.
– develops, implements and evaluates
communication strategies employed by the Foundation to ensure effective informational exchanges between the Foundation and Clinic and other institutions in the Research realm.
– demonstrates commitment to improving service and product quality for internal and external
customers. Designs systems and processes, which enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
– assures that effective internal controls are developed and maintained to ensure integrity of the Institution. Ensures that work practices meet health, fire, safety, and regulatory
– implements institutional policies and procedures in overseeing and directly administering
daily activities to include staffing, personnel administration, grants management, academic
appointments, recruitment and promotions, record documentation requirements, and
fellowship/internship training positions. Interfaces routinely with representatives in
sponsoring organizations, utilizing resources for information and approval for various
transactions and requests. Ensures integrity and confidentiality of records.
Interfaces with the information systems support to resolve computer hardware and software
Provides administrative oversight for the research fellowship and summer internship training
programs including all marketing, recruitment, and administrative activities.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree in Business Healthcare Administration or related field.
Required: Five years of health care related experience in a professional/administrative
capacity, to include two years of supervisory experience. May substitute required
education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or above and experience in research environment,
research management, and grants. Experience in a similar position where delegation
of responsibility and accomplishment of tasks through the oversight and management
of others was successfully demonstrated is required. Critical thinking skills applied in
a highly complex business environment must also be evidenced.